- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Perrigo launches generic equivalent to prescription-only Vanos Cream 0.1%
- Perrigo recalls APAP infant suspension liquid due to the possibility of missing dose markings on the dosing syringe
- GPhA: FDA’s proposed rule on prescription drug labeling adds $4 billion to healthcare costs
ALLEGAN, Mich. — Perrigo last week announced that it has received final Food and Drug Administration approval for its generic prescription allergy remedy desloratadine 5 mg, the generic equivalent to Schering-Plough's Clarinex.
Under the terms of a patent-infringement suit settlement, Perrigo can commercially launch its generic desloratadine product July 1. The new product launch may be a prescription or over-the-counter product, depending on its status at the time of launch, Perrigo stated.
Clarinex sales were approximately $185 million, according to Perrigo, citing Wolters Kluwer data.