- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- FDA approves Plan B One-Step OTC switch
- Roxane Labs' generic prostate drug gets tentative approval from FDA
- Study: OTC ibuprofen as effective as Rx in treating post-operative pain after having tonsils removed
ALLEGAN, Mich. — Following the warning letter it received last April, Perrigo announced that the Food and Drug Administration has arrived at the company's Allegan, Mich.-based facility for re-inspection.
The re-inspection of the plant follows an initial inspection that occurred between Nov. 17, 2009, and Jan. 14, 2010, in which the FDA "identified significant violations of current good manufacturing practice regulations for finished pharmaceuticals," the regulatory agency said in its letter last year, noting certain production problems, including an equipment failure that shredded metal shavings into bottles on a production line of 200-mg ibuprofen tablets.