- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
MAGNOLIA, Texas — Pernix Therapeutics Holdings on Wednesday announced an exclusive co-promotion agreement with ParaPro for a medication to treat head lice.
A new drug application for the prescription product currently is under review by the Food and Drug Administration. The proposed medication contains the active ingredient spinosad, which is derived from a naturally occurring soil bacterium.
Under the terms of the agreement, if the drug containing spinosad is approved by the FDA, Pernix and ParaPro exclusively will co-promote the medication with a combined sales force in the United States. Pernix would leverage its established pediatric sales force to promote the drug to healthcare professionals who treat human head lice.
If approved, the product is expected to be available in the first half of 2011.