- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Loblaw plus Shoppers Drug Mart equals 1-in-5 pharmacies across Canada
- Update: Shoppers Drug Mart execs express optimism, but few details on Loblaw deal during Q2 quarterly call
- Packaged Facts: Sports drinks, nutrition bars a $10 billion business in 2013
- Former White House adviser Nancy-Ann DeParle elected to CVS Caremark's board
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario — PepsiCo's Canada operations has introduced its first soft drink bottle made from 100% recycled PET plastic.
The company said that its 7UP soft drink will be available in the EcoGreen bottle in Canada. With the introduction of the 7UP EcoGreen bottle in Canada, PepsiCo Beverages Canada will reduce the amount of virgin plastic used by approximately 6 million lbs. over the course of one year.
"After three years of research and development, we have cracked the code to commercially develop a soft drink bottle made from 100% recycled PET plastic, and Canada has proudly led the way," PepsiCo Beverages Canada president Richard Glover said. "Consumers want products and packaging that reflects their desire to protect the environment, and PepsiCo is committed to delivering on that with this kind of world-class innovation."