- New alliance will crack down on adulterated products touting dietary supplement claims
- Pfizer forms licensing agreement with Seattle Genetics
- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- Registered dietitians most likely to practice what they preach
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. — A new product from the PediaCare line is designed to keep children hydrated when they have a cold or flu.
Prestige Brands Holdings announced the launch of PediaCare Cold & Flu Hydration, designed to ensure children get needed fluids and electrolytes. The product replenishes nutrients lost from illness and provides immune-boosting antioxidants, with less sugar than sports drinks, soda and juices.
"When a child is ill, they can lose necessary vitamins and minerals that help keep them hydrated," PediaCare senior brand manager Carol Bishop said. "PediaCare Cold & Flu Hydration helps keep a sick child hydrated by replacing the lost fluid and electrolytes without the added sugar of other drinks while also providing antioxidants."