- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
- Report: Omega-3 supplementation can realize $4 billion in net CHD-attributed cost savings
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. — A new product from the PediaCare line is designed to keep children hydrated when they have a cold or flu.
Prestige Brands Holdings announced the launch of PediaCare Cold & Flu Hydration, designed to ensure children get needed fluids and electrolytes. The product replenishes nutrients lost from illness and provides immune-boosting antioxidants, with less sugar than sports drinks, soda and juices.
"When a child is ill, they can lose necessary vitamins and minerals that help keep them hydrated," PediaCare senior brand manager Carol Bishop said. "PediaCare Cold & Flu Hydration helps keep a sick child hydrated by replacing the lost fluid and electrolytes without the added sugar of other drinks while also providing antioxidants."