- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Rite Aid finishes tough fiscal year, but Q4 shows improvements
- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- NACDS RxImpact Day 2011 takes aim at new lawmakers
- CVS' Bloom, Baker to lead chain's retail business on interim basis
LOS ANGELES – All American Pet Co. announced Tuesday that its innovative branded line of PAWtizer antibacterial wipes and spray will be available on all Giant Eagle supermarket shelves within the next two weeks.
"PAWtizer is a highly effective and safe solution to a serious problem that 45 million American households share... It has been proven that our 76.5 million dogs pick up and innocently transfer our most dangerous diseases to other family members, friends and neighbors," said All American Pet Co. CEO Barry Schwartz. "We know there are as many germs on paws as there are on hands and that is why PAWtizer isn't something we can do for our dogs, PAWtizer is something everyone must do for their dogs. Keeping pets and their families well is our core business."
Giant Eagle operates 218 supermarkets in western Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia and Maryland and has annual sales in excess of $9 billion — making PAWtizer more readily available to many more dog-owners.
"Supermarkets offer shoppers the convenience and ease of access to tens of thousands of products in just minutes. However, getting those products onto the 36,569 supermarket store shelves can often take years. AAPT said we would take PAWtizer to the Nation's Retail Shelves — we did! And we will!" said All American Pets Co. president Lisa Bershan.