- New study suggests blood pressure should be measured in both arms
- Bydureon pen gets FDA approval
- FDA approves injectable morphine product from BD
- Perrigo recalls APAP infant suspension liquid due to the possibility of missing dose markings on the dosing syringe
- BD sponsors four-year community clinic funding effort
SPARKS, Md. — A global medical technology company has appointed a worldwide director of scientific affairs for its diagnostic systems division.
Becton, Dickinson and Co. said that Patrick Murray has joined its BD Diagnostics segment. In his new role, Murray "will leverage his clinical expertise to best define new product requirements, evaluate new technologies and engage external experts and institutions in BD's innovation process," the company said.
Prior to joining BD, Murray served as chief of the microbiology service and senior scientist at the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center.