- Coca-Cola honored by NASCAR
- New Speed Stick Gear brand teams up with racing rookie Cole Whitt
- Walgreens, Roush Fenway Racing partner on promoting Walgreens' prepaid MasterCard
- Dollar General, Unilever present grants totaling $72,500 to more than two dozen Charlotte-area schools
- Safeway to open on-site grocery store at Phoenix NASCAR event
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — MillerCoors has extended its partnerships with NASCAR and Penske Racing for two of MillerCoors' brands.
MillerCoors said Coors Light will continue to serve as the official beer of NASCAR. The brand started its official sponsorship with NASCAR in 2008 after a 14-year run as the primary sponsor of the No. 40 car. Meanwhile, Miller Lite will continue serving as the as the season-long primary sponsor of Penske Racing’s No. 2 Dodge, driven by driver Brad Keselowski, MillerCoors said.
“We don’t make investment decisions like this without having a great sense of exactly what the alliance will deliver for our brands,” MillerCoors chief marketing officer Andy England said. “That’s why I’m so excited about our continued partnerships with NASCAR and with Penske Racing. NASCAR fans are among the most passionate and loyal fans in all of sports, and they love nothing more than getting together with friends to watch the race while enjoying a cold, refreshing Coors Light or a great tasting, never watered down Miller Lite. Our distributors and retailers know that, which is why they’re so supportive of our leadership in the sport.”