- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- NACDS, NCPA, GPhA express support for Drug Quality and Security Act
WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J. — Par Pharmaceutical announced the appointment of Antonio R. Pera as CCO. In his new role, Pera will lead Par's newly integrated sales and marketing organization. He'll be instrumental in managing Par's relationships with major trade partners, the company said.
Pera joins the organization from JHP, which Par recently acquired. He has more 30 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, which, in addition to his time at JHP, also includes time in executive leadership at AmerisourceBergen Corp.
"Tony has enjoyed a distinguished career in the pharmaceutical industry, and we are very pleased to have him join the Par team," said Paul V. Campanelli, CEO of Par Pharmaceutical Companies. "He has a demonstrated expertise in the marketing, sales and distribution of generic drugs. We look forward to the leadership Tony will provide our commercial organization and the many contributions he will make to our company."
Pera earned an MBA from DePaul University in 1984 and a B.S. in business administration from the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana in 1979.