- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J. — Par Pharmaceutical on Thursday announced that it has entered into an exclusive U.S. supply and distribution agreement with Covis Pharma S.a.r.l. to distribute the authorized generic version of Covis's Lanoxin (digoxin) tablets.
According to IMS Health data, annual U.S. sales of digoxin tablets are approximately $44 million.
Digoxin tablets are indicated for treatment of mild to moderate heart failure in adults, increasing myocardial contractility in pediatric patients with heart failure, and control of resting ventricular rate in patients with chronic atrial fibrillation in adults.
Par has begun shipping 0.125 mg and 0.25 mg strengths of digoxin tablets.