- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Indiana Senate passes generic biologic pathway legislation
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J. — Generic drug maker Par Pharmaceutical has promoted Thomas Haughey to president and Paul Campanelli to COO, the company said. The promotions take effect immediately.
"With the acquisition of Anchen and the pending acquisition of Edict, Par is becoming a larger and more complex organization with three diverse locations and more than 300 additional employees," Par chairman and CEO Patrick LePore said. "These new challenges and opportunities require a president and COO to effectively manage the company and its subsidiaries."
Haughey has served as chief administrative officer since 2008, previously serving as general counsel and secretary, from 2003 to 2006, and as EVP from 2006 to 2008. Campanelli will retain his title of president of Par Pharmaceutical, the company's generics division, while also assuming responsibility for Strativa Pharmaceuticals, its branded division. Campanelli began working at Par in 2001 as senior director for business development.