- Walgreens, Alliance Boots provide analysts color on global pharmacy opportunity
- FMI, GMDC to host joint health, wellness conference next summer
- FMI names new SVP industry relations and chief collaboration officer
- Progresso gives mainstream flavors a twist with new Artisan Soups line
- Celebrity Apprentice finale comes down to who better promos two DeLish ice cream brands
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — The Food Marketing Institute gave an outgoing executive one of its top awards at a supermarket industry conference, the group said Monday.
FMI gave VP government relations Anne McGhee Curry its Glen P. Woodard, Jr. Award for her work in public affairs over the last three decades. Curry will retire from FMI at the end of this month.
"There is such divine justice to Anne's receiving the Glen P. Woodard Award, as she walked side by side with Glen Woodard on Capitol Hill for two decades until his death in 1995," FMI president and CEO Leslie Sarasin said.
Curry has lobbied on behalf of the supermarket industry in Washington for 34 years, Sarasin said, working with members of Congress from both parties.
Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news.