- AbbVie starts phase-3 trial of drug for aggressive form of breast cancer
- Study: Derivative of vitamin A helps turn pre-cancer cells back to normal healthy breast cells
- Study finds vitamin D boosts breast cancer survival
- Hygenic/Performance Health generates $18,000 for Pink-Link Breast Cancer Support Network
- Living Essentials donates almost $350,000 to Living Beyond Breast Cancer
CHICAGO — Orbit gum has teamed up with a nonprofit breast cancer prevention organization to encourage young women to be proactive about their breast health.
As part of the partnership, Orbit and Bright Pink have developed the "Pledge to Protect Your Chest" shareable online commitment tool on Facebook, where users can examine a checklist that features ways to be proactive about breast health.
Orbit also said that sales through September and October of its Orbit Bubblemint and Orbit White Bubblemint gum, up to $75,000, will be donated to Bright Pink. Specially marked packs of Orbit White Bubblemint include pellets that have been stamped with a pink breast cancer awareness ribbon.