- Medco study: Half of women 40 years and older don’t get annual mammograms
- IWPR: Affordable Care Act provision to drive breast-feeding rates up 4%
- CCA Industries leader recognized by Young Survival Coalition
- Tiger Balm supports Susan G. Komen race in Los Angeles
- FDA looks to pull the plug on Avastin's breast cancer indication
CHICAGO — Orbit gum has teamed up with a nonprofit breast cancer prevention organization to encourage young women to be proactive about their breast health.
As part of the partnership, Orbit and Bright Pink have developed the "Pledge to Protect Your Chest" shareable online commitment tool on Facebook, where users can examine a checklist that features ways to be proactive about breast health.
Orbit also said that sales through September and October of its Orbit Bubblemint and Orbit White Bubblemint gum, up to $75,000, will be donated to Bright Pink. Specially marked packs of Orbit White Bubblemint include pellets that have been stamped with a pink breast cancer awareness ribbon.