- Report: NYC department stores revamping beauty as competition heats up
- Target unveils new Sonia Kashuk beauty for spring 2014
- Walgreens' cough-cold offering to be featured on TaskRabbit app
- Duane Reade launches 'Boo-tiful legs' Halloween contest to promote hosiery line
- Yankee Candle unveils new holiday collection
CINCINNATI Skin care brand Olay has named singer-songwriter Carrie Underwood as its first-ever North American celebrity brand ambassador.
Underwood joins a list of well-known Olay brand ambassadors around the world, including actress Maggie Cheung in greater China, singer and actress Lucero in Latin America and actress Thandie Newton in the United Kingdom.
Inspiring a new generation of women, the 27-year-old, Grammy award-winning artist will take part in the brand's "Challenge What's Possible" campaign, scheduled to debut later this year. She also will represent a line of skin care products for the brand.
"We are thrilled that someone as inspirational as Carrie has joined Olay," stated Joe Arcuri, VP for North America at Procter & Gamble beauty. "Carrie epitomizes Olay's mission to challenge possibilities and encourage a new generation of women to learn about skin care and make a noticeable impact on their skin's appearance."
Olay is also a sponsor of Underwood's "Play On Tour" this fall with shows in cities throughout the United States and Canada from September to December 2010.