- Insurance rollout shows pharmacies and NACDS in action
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Speck introduces new iPhone 5s case with slim-fitting design
HALF MOON BAY, Calif. Odwalla is getting greener.
By March 2011, all of the brand’s single-serve bottles will tote PlantBottle packaging. The new Odwalla package, which will be 100% recyclable, will help to reduce dependence on nonrenewable resources, the company said.
“Plants do such a good job of making our juice, Odwalla hired them to help make our bottles,” said Alison Lewis, president at Odwalla. “Doing good things for the community and building a business with heart are core guiding principles of Odwalla’s vision. PlantBottle packaging is just the latest step in our continued commitment to the environment. ... [It] can be recycled again and again in today’s recycling facilities. The redesigned plastic represents a significant step in our sustainability efforts and in protecting the planet."