- Walmart gives back with Teacher Rewards program
- H-E-B's first Community Slim Down Showdown on FB encourages 956 lost pounds across 24 dieters
- CHPA names Long Island mom to its Five Moms DXM-abuse awareness campaign
- Pfizer Consumer teams with Yankee Brett Gardner on Bronx school library opening
- Rite Aid, Just Between Friends launch Rx transfer program
NEW YORK — As part of the cleanup and relief effort in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, one New York City public school teacher is trying to do her part to help moms bring some normalcy back into their lives.
Building on the belief of “look good … feel good,” Jamee Schleifer, a dance teacher at PS 253 (3D Dance Company, Momz N Da Hood) is turning to pharmacies and cosmetic companies in an effort to collect makeup for the moms of students at PS 253. The goal: to make “kits” to give to 800 children to give to their moms.
For those interested in donating makeup, the school is located at 601 Oceanview Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11235. Schleifer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.