- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Report: Omega-3 supplementation can realize $4 billion in net CHD-attributed cost savings
- New York's online database of drug prescriptions curtailing 'doctor shopping'
- BioElectronics, supplier of pain relief products, initiates consumer awareness program
EDGEWOOD, Md. — Nutramax Labs, known for its glucosamine and chondroitin products, on Tuesday celebrated its 20th anniversary, the company announced.
Nutramax helped research, manufacture and market joint health supplement CosaminDS. The chondroitin sulfate found in CosaminDS was chosen by the National Institutes of Health for the Glucosamine/chondroitin Arthritis Intervention Trial. GAIT found that for a subset of participants with moderate to severe pain, glucosamine combined with chondroitin sulfate provided statistically significant pain relief compared with placebo — about 79% had a 20% or greater reduction in pain versus about 54% for placebo, according to the NIH.
Building upon the success of Cosamin, Nutramax then developed Cosequin joint health supplements for dogs, cats and horses, the company said. More than 60 products for people and animals followed in the next 20 years.
“Quality is our way of life at Nutramax Labs,” stated Robert Henderson, chairman of Nutramax. “We carefully research and develop products that are safe and effective,” he said. “We are looking forward to many more years of growth and service to our customers and our community."