- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- FDA director of Division of Dietary Supplement Programs to provide a keynote address at CRN event
- FDA approves Plan B One-Step OTC switch
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
WASHINGTON — One of the more recognizable faces of the Natural Products Association, VP global government and scientific affairs Daniel Fabricant, will be leaving association work in favor of the Food and Drug Administration, Drug Store News learned Wednesday.
A staunch advocate of natural products who has testified before Congress on behalf of the supplement industry, Fabricant will join the FDA as director of the division of dietary supplement programs by the end of February.
“I am grateful for the opportunities I had at NPA and feel immensely proud of all that has been achieved during my time at the association on the scientific, regulatory and government affairs fronts,” Fabricant wrote in an e-mail blast. Cara Welch and Liz Hurst will assume Fabricant’s responsibilities at the association, Fabricant said.