- Energizer Holdings to acquire feminine hygiene business from J&J Family of Consumer Cos.
- Troy Healthcare buys Stopain, announces line extension
- P&G updates Pampers Cruisers, announces special promotion with Target
- Retailers stand to benefit from Made-in-America wave
- Walmart makes plans for three new U.S. manufacturing projects
WASHINGTON — The Natural Products Association on Wednesday announced the creation of a new webinar series, “Regulatory Trainings Straight from Your Desk,” that will begin Aug. 22 with an education session about good manufacturing practices for own-label distributors, repackagers and relabelers.
Expert speakers include Daniel Fabricant, director of the FDA Division of Dietary Supplement Programs, and Cindy Beehner, president of QSD Consulting.
“We at NPA are proud to continue our leadership role in providing quality education for the dietary supplement industry,” said Cara Welch, SVP scientific and regulatory affairs for NPA. “With the FDA’s increasing number of facility inspections, combined with recent scrutiny of supplement manufacturing practices, it’s vitally important that the industry do everything possible to come into compliance with the GMP rule.”
An NPA webinar about product labeling will be held in two parts on Oct. 16 and Oct. 18 with industry labeling expert Richard Flora, president of R. Flora & Associates. Participants will learn how to avoid a warning letter for labeling issues or product claims and how to correctly use claims to educate customers about products without making them “unapproved new drugs.”