- Retailers, drug makers can help cut diabetes rate
- UnitedHealth: Cost of diabetes could be $3.35 trillion by 2020
- Diabetes population to double, costs to nearly triple by 2034
- 'Picture This' forums bring diabetes management awareness to public
- Diabetes epidemic may get squashed by supermarket-pharmacy offerings
PRINCETON, N.J. — Danish drug maker Novo Nordisk has created an online resource for diabetes patients that educates them about Novo Nordisk drugs and devices, recipes and nutritional values, and allows them to connect with other patients.
The company announced Thursday the launch of Cornerstones4Care, which can be accessed at Cornerstones4Care.com and also allows patients to find out if they qualify for an offer by Novo Nordisk intended to help them save money based on four “cornerstones” of diabetes control: checking blood sugar, eating healthy, physical activity and diabetes medications.
“We wanted to provide diabetes patients with a wide range of information and support in these four key areas of diabetes management to help them achieve their personal goals,” Novo Nordisk VP diabetes marketing Camille Lee said. “Whether you are newly diagnosed or have been living with diabetes for a long time, everyone needs ongoing support to stay engaged and on track with their diabetes care, and Cornerstones4Care was developed to do that.”