- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Novo Nordisk launches new insulin device
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
PRINCETON, N.J. — Novo Nordisk has launched a mobile app for hemophilia patients, the drug maker said.
HemaGo — available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices — is designed to track hemophilia treatment, bleeding episodes and life events, helping people with the condition and their caregivers monitor the details of treatment, including medications, dosing, bleeding information and the disease's effects on life events.
"For the first time, individuals can track virtually every aspect of living with a bleeding disorder, regardless of their medication or disorder," Novo Nordisk corporate VP for biopharmaceuticals Eddie Williams said. "Thanks to input from members of the hemophilia community, we've created a first-in-class offering that provides benefits to all hemophilia patients and healthcare professionals."
The app offers multiple profiles, allowing different family members to use it, tracking multiple medications, setting reminders for treatment or doctors' appointments, recording factor usage and reason for infusion, pain scores and bleeding events. The app also syncs with Novo Nordisk's Changing Possibilities in Hemophilia website, which provides access to comprehensive reporting features.