- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Novartis Consumer Health's return to shelf on track, Theraflu relaunching next
- Study: NPs strengthening focus on promoting patient adherence
- Novartis names new head of sales U.S.
RICHMOND, Va. — A blood pressure drug made by Swiss drug maker Novartis has won an award from the Healthcare Compliance Packaging Council.
Novartis Diovan HCT (valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide) won the HCPC’s Compliance Package of the Year award at the council’s RxAdherence 19th annual symposium for its Shellpak packaging design, made by product packaging manufacturer MeadWestvaco Corp. Anderson Packaging, part of AmerisourceBergen Packaging Group, handles the drug’s fulfillment.
“The Diovan HCT design is a great collaboration between the teams at Novartis, MWV and Anderson,” Anderson Packaging senior director of marketing and development services Justin Schroeder said. “The package is well thought out, facilitating patient compliance and adherence [and] supporting patient education and regulatory requirements, while at the same time creating a convenient format for the end user.”
Shellpak is designed to deliver medication in single, controlled doses. Novartis also uses the large, flat label space that Shellpak provides to include an extended content label that educates patients about the importance of adhering to their dosing regimen.