- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Study: Omega-3 supplementation could preserve brain health
- Study: Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA help lower blood pressure
- Report: Omega-3 supplementation can realize $4 billion in net CHD-attributed cost savings
- Nordic Naturals launches Omega Boost
WATSONVILLE, Calif. — Nordic Naturals on Tuesday introduced Algae Omega, a solution for vegetarians seeking the health benefits of marine omega-3s. Made from sustainably sourced microalgae and available in both soft gels and liquid, the product offers an algae-based source of beneficial marine omega-3 essential fatty acids without the use of fish.
"We formulated Algae Omega with vegetarians in mind, and for anyone wanting a readily available, high-quality source of EPA and DHA from a non-fish source," stated Joar Opheim, CEO of Nordic Naturals.
To celebrate the launch of its new product, Nordic Naturals will give away free bottles of Algae Omega during the month of July. Giveaway dates will be announced on the company's Facebook site.