- Study: Omega-3 supplementation could preserve brain health
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Report: Omega-3 supplementation can realize $4 billion in net CHD-attributed cost savings
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
WATSONVILLE, Calif. — Nordic Naturals on Tuesday launched Omega-3 Fortify, a food- and water-soluble omega powder.
"We found that many people were complaining that their store-bought enriched foods were not delivering significant amounts of EPA, only DHA, and they liked the idea of not having to take supplement," stated Keri Marshall, Nordic Naturals chief medical officer. "Added to yogurt, dressings, juice, applesauce — anything that is not too hot — Omega-3 Fortify allows customers to fortify their favorite foods without changing taste or texture."
The neutral-flavored formula can be used as a soluble drink mix or a topping on food. Each single-serving stick pack contains 500 mg of EPA and DHA. Available in seven- or 30-count boxes, Omega-3 Fortify contains micro-encapsulated cod liver oil in powder form.