- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
- Pharmagen launches Warfarin-friendly multivitamin
- Maloof Ventures launches Never Hungover
- New cholesterol, obesity guidelines give greater role to statins, call for more research into weight-loss drugs
WATSONVILLE, Calif. — Nordic Naturals on Tuesday launched Nordic CoQ10 Ubiquinol, formulated with 100 mg of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ-10) ubiquinol in a soft gel delivery format. Shown to support cardiovascular health and the transformation of food into energy, ubiquinol is the active antioxidant form of CoQ-10, a fat-soluble molecule found in nearly every cell, tissue, and organ in the body, the supplier stated.
“While it is not an essential fatty acid, CoQ-10 is similar to omega-3 essential fatty acids in that it affects health on the cellular level,” stated Keri Marshall, Nordic Naturals chief medical officer. “Ubiquinol is the active form of CoQ-10 and is more bioavailable than conventional CoQ-10 supplements, which must be converted to ubiquinol in order to be utilized by the body. Because the body’s ability to convert CoQ-10 into the ubiquinol form diminishes with age, Nordic CoQ10 Ubiquinol is ideal for anyone over the age of 40 looking for extra antioxidant support.”
Nordic CoQ10 Ubiquinol is also suitable for people who may be deficient in CoQ-10, for individuals with cardiovascular conditions, or those taking statin drugs, which is known to deplete CoQ-10 levels.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.