WILTON, Conn. — Beiersdorf’s Nivea Men has developed the Silence the Irritation campaign to help educate men on the role that skin care plays in providing a comfortable shave.
To help bring this campaign to life, the brand partnered with digital media company Break Media to launch a multi-layered campaign. Utilizing Break Media’s Acumen research platform, the teams surveyed more than 1,000 men to find out where shaving ranked on a list of day-to-day life irritations. The results revealed that most men find having to shave, along with the resulting razor burn and irritation, as their biggest day-to-day irritants. These findings also laid the groundwork for the “Silence the Irritation” campaign, which includes a branded Nivea Men hub on Break Media’s online men’s lifestyle platform MadeMan.com, as well as the launch of an eight-episode comedy series titled, “Just Face It.”
To help gain interest and resonate with the target consumer, the men’s grooming brand and Break Media enlisted Damon Wayans, Jr. “Just Face It,” which follows Wayans’ character through day-to-day irritations based on the survey findings, premiered May 7 and wrapped this past week.
In addition to housing each episode of the “Just Face It” series, the branded hub features Nivea Men Sensitive products to correlate with “silencing the irritation” of shaving, editorial content created with the Nivea Men target in mind and relevantly themed sweepstake opportunities.
According to the manufacturer, the branded series proved successful for Nivea Men:
- More than 3 million video views were generated on behalf of the series;
- More than 130 million consumers touched via dedicated public relations outreach helped drive people to the branded hub and series videos;
- PR targeted B2B, industry and consumer media outlets;
- Across social media, the campaign generated more than 25,000 “likes” on its dedicated Facebook page;
- More than 5,200 mentions of the “Silence the Irritation” campaign across Twitter;
- 740,000 total user interactions with the videos (across YouTube, Twitter and Facebook);
- The Nivea Men-branded hub on MadeMan.com showed strong engagement across multiple metrics;
- It received more than 270,000 page views; and
Visitors spent more than three minutes on the page.