NEW YORK — Beiersdorf's Nivea skin care brand is celebrating its 100th anniversary and is bringing the party to New York with a free, five-day pop-up experience in Grand Central Terminal, as part of the yearlong celebration.
The Nivea 100 Year House, located in the West Wing of Grand Central Terminal's Vanderbilt Hall, will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday, July 25, and 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, July 26 through Friday, July 29.
Designed to simulate the experience of walking into a life-sized tin of Nivea creme, this engaging, interactive and informative experience will allow consumers to witness the brand's evolution.
"For the last 100 years, Nivea has been an iconic skin care global brand that is built on the trust of our consumers," said Magnus Jonsson, VP marketing for Beiersdorf North America. "We're thrilled to offer them the unique opportunity to experience Nivea's 100 year journey in a fresh, interactive fashion. As we look forward to the innovation of the next 100 years, we're excited to connect with a new generation of Nivea users."
Television personality Giuliana Rancic helped Nivea kick off the weeklong pop-up, meeting and greeting consumers as they arrived at the opening on Monday morning. Rancic has a longstanding relationship with the brand, from growing up using Nivea creme as a child in Naples, Italy, to ringing in 2011 atop the Nivea Kiss Platform in Times Square on New Year's Eve, and serving as the brand's official Valentine's Day romance ambassador earlier this year.
Upon walking through a large tin of Nivea creme to enter the Nivea 100 Year House, consumers will have the opportunity to engage with the brand via the following unique stations:
- 100 Years of Skincare Lounge: A chic lounge where consumers can become fans of Nivea on Facebook, enter exciting Rihanna concert ticket sweepstakes and receive relaxing hand massages;
- Nivea Creme 101 Station: A sensorial experience of the history and innovation behind the iconic creme, complete with a replica of Nivea laboratory elements;
- Turntable Journey Through the Years Station: An interactive look back through Nivea's storied 100-year-old history, from tin design to the technology of today;
- Skin Education Station: A fun and informative skin analysis that includes tips and product recommendations for your skin type; and
- Nivea Innovation Station: An exploration of Nivea's heritage via the 24-hour+ moisturization technology of HYDRA IQ, and a glimpse into Nivea's future.
Consumers also will have the opportunity to record "Nivea Moment" video confessionals, sharing their fondest memories of Nivea, which will be played throughout the space. They also will view content on flat screens throughout the space, all set in a backdrop of brand images throughout the years.
Nivea officially kicked off its 100th birthday celebration in May with the launch of its multilayered partnership with music icon Rihanna, who serves as the official voice of Nivea's centennial celebration. The brand also is a sponsor of the singer's North American and European Loud Tour. Consumers who visit the Nivea 100 Year House will have the chance to win tickets to an upcoming Rihanna concert date, as well as be treated to exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of the singer.