- Oramed announces publication in diabetes journal
- UnitedHealth: Cost of diabetes could be $3.35 trillion by 2020
- Walgreens' Pegus to discuss impact of diabetes management on healthcare costs
- Decision Resources: Type 2 diabetes market in China to nearly double by 2014
- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
WALTHAM, Mass. — Nipro Diagnostics and NeuroMetrix have teamed up to market a point-of-care test that is designed to evaluate such systemic neuropathies as diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
Nipro and NeuroMetrix said the NC-stat DPNCheck test, developed by NeuroMetrix, could offer a cost-effective approach to detecting and monitoring DPN, which affects more than half of people with diabetes and could lead to such conditions as foot ulcers and limb amputation.
The companies currently are evaluating opportunities for the NC-stat DPNCheck in retail medical clinics.
Nipro and NeuroMetrix are slated to debut the test at the annual conference of the American Diabetes Association, which will be held from June 24 to 28.