- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Study pinpoints protective genetic mutations for Type 2 diabetes
- Hamacher's Dave Wendland to moderate DSN Diabetes & Chronic Care Roundtable for 10th-consecutive year
- ADA issues new diet recommendations for diabetes patients
- APhA Foundation project uses collaborative care to target diabetes among vulnerable populations
WALTHAM, Mass. — Nipro Diagnostics and NeuroMetrix have teamed up to market a point-of-care test that is designed to evaluate such systemic neuropathies as diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
Nipro and NeuroMetrix said the NC-stat DPNCheck test, developed by NeuroMetrix, could offer a cost-effective approach to detecting and monitoring DPN, which affects more than half of people with diabetes and could lead to such conditions as foot ulcers and limb amputation.
The companies currently are evaluating opportunities for the NC-stat DPNCheck in retail medical clinics.
Nipro and NeuroMetrix are slated to debut the test at the annual conference of the American Diabetes Association, which will be held from June 24 to 28.