- Bi-Lo Holdings, Delhaize Group moving forward on acquisition deal
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Food Lion Charitable Foundation, Western Union Foundation partner to help fight child hunger
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
SALISBURY, N.C. — Food Lion family of banners, Bloom and Bottom Dollar Food announced the launch of its ninth annual Hunger Has a Cure, a campaign that supports local food banks affiliated with hunger relief charity Feeding America.
Food Lion, Harveys, Reid's, Bloom and Bottom Dollar Food stores will offer customers the chance to purchase ready-made food boxes — which contain six items of private-label products — for $4.99. The boxes are available while supplies last, and customers will have the opportunity to give cash donations at the register in lieu of sold-out boxes. All of the stores will have designated food collection area where customers can place the food boxes or other nonperishable items.
The supermarket chains hope to collectively surpass previous box donation counts and raise more than 1.5 million pounds of food, valued at more than $1.2 million.