- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Shot@Life program ambassador Amanda Peet gets flu shot in NYC Walgreens to support 'Get a Shot, Give a Shot'
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Australian winemaker Daryl Groom and Walgreens have launched a new table wine blend in line with American Heart Month.
Colby Red, which was developed in partnership with Treasury Wine Estates, is dedicated to raising awareness for heart disease. Daryl Groom supports the American Heart Association and partners with the St. Jude Medical Foundation to identify other cardiac research organizations and families in need, the company said. The wine is named after Groom's son, who was born with a hole in his heart and has undergone multiple surgeries to treat the defect.
“Colby Red will make a great addition to Walgreens' wine selection, and it’s an honor to feature a product that stands for quality and supports cardiac research,” said Bryan Pugh, Walgreens VP merchandising. “The Groom family’s initiative fits well with our focus and commitment to healthy living. We look forward to working with them to promote this brand and make this new wine a success.”