TAMPA BAY, Fla. — The Stephan Co., a developer of hair and skin care products, has created a new line of hair care products designed specifically for Latinas. Enter Imágen.
The Imágen line is comprised of consists of six products:
- Moisturizing shampoo with avocado oil and botanicals to naturally revive dry, damaged hair;
- Strengthening conditioner formulated to penetrate the hair shaft, instantly detangling and smoothing even problem hair;
- Leave-in conditioner – a protein-enriched complex that restores moisture and softness;
- Temporary straightener to temporarily remove curl and frizz without harsh chemicals;
- Shine – a weightless mist that adds brilliant shine; and
- Anti-frizz serum – a greaseless finishing balm to tame ‘frizzies’ and seal split ends.
The Stephan Co. also offers Imágen in value sizes for everyday use for the whole family.
In recent years, the Latino consumer has emerged as a force to be reckoned with, spending 43% more on branded hair products than the average shopper. Currently the fastest growing ethnic group in the United States, the Latino population is projected to increase by 167% before 2050, compared with 42% for the general population. Its spending power is moving in the same direction and is projected to grow from $1 trillion based on 2010 figures to $1.5 trillion in 2015, the manufacturer stated.
“Today’s Latina consumer is a highly sophisticated shopper who is often fluent in both English and Spanish and equally comfortable moving between both cultures. She’s looking for a product that is tailored to her specific hair care needs and is backed by an authentic brand with values that are consistent with what matters most to her — family and community,” stated The Stephan SVP sales, Paul Crouch. “We’ve done our homework and are confident that Imágen achieves on all fronts, from formulation to packaging to how we plan to engage Latina consumers.
The Stephan Co. will support Imágen through grassroots efforts and social media, and will connect with Latina consumers through national online contests and aggressive sampling at targeted events in key Hispanic markets.
Imágen Salon Formula is slated for release at Target in April. All SKUs have a suggested retail price of $7.97 each.