- FortiFX, celebrity chef Robert Irvine unveil new baked protein bars
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Maker of Clif energy bars expands portfolio with Zbar protein bar for kids
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
MINNEAPOLIS — General Mills has introduced a new protein bar that it said was designed to satisfy cravings while being healthy.
The company announced the introduction of Fiber One Protein Bars, available in caramel nut and coconut almond flavors. The caramel nut bar contains seven grams of protein and 130 calories, while the coconut almond bar contains six grams of protein and 140 calories.
"At the start of the New Year, many Americans make resolutions to eat healthier, but it can be difficult to find smart options in the snack aisle that deliver on both nutrition and flavor," Fiber One associate marketing manager Katherine Zonino said. "It's time to find a snack that truly satisfies. Fiber One Protein Bars deliver the taste you crave, but with the nutritional benefits of fiber and protein, making it easy to stay on track."