- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome patient Ellen Smith serves as advocate for pain relief access
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Study: Higher levels of sleep aid melatonin may reduce prostate cancer risk
- Walgreens expands preventive healthcare services to Maryland market
NEW YORK — In line with American Heart Month, Boehringer Ingelheim's Micardis has introduced a cardiovascular risk-reduction calculator, designed to assess patients' cardiovascular risk.
The calculator, which can be accessed at MicardisPro.com, is an interactive, useful tool for healthcare professionals to assist patients in reaching their cardiovascular risk-reduction goal, the company said.
Micardis (telmisartan) is a drug designed to treat hypertension.