- Oramed announces publication in diabetes journal
- UnitedHealth: Cost of diabetes could be $3.35 trillion by 2020
- Walgreens' Pegus to discuss impact of diabetes management on healthcare costs
- Decision Resources: Type 2 diabetes market in China to nearly double by 2014
- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
WALTHAM, Mass. — Quantia has partnered with dietitian and diabetes educator Hope Warshaw to develop EatSmart, a mobile diabetes application.
EatSmart, currently a free download available for the iPhone, Android, smartphones, tablets and the Web, is an app that provides those affected by or at risk for Type 2 diabetes with simple meal planning tips and tricks.
“EatSmart is a major breakthrough application that takes my voice, passion and step-by-step practical approach to helping people transition their eating habits and makes them available to people across the country,” Warshaw said. “EatSmart extends the delivery of diabetes meal planning information beyond the exam room and diabetes education programs and puts the knowledge literally into the persons’ or care providers’ hands to access when and where they need it and to reinforce information and support essential behavior change.”
For more information, visit Eatsmart.quantiacare.com.