- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Safeway begins exit of Chicago market
NEW YORK — New Albertsons Inc. banners Shaw’s and Star Market, Acme and Jewel-Osco have announced the availability of flu shots at their pharmacies.
Specially trained pharmacists are available to administer the traditional flu vaccine, needle-free FluMist nasal spray and Fluzone Intradermal, as well as Fluzone HD for patients ages 65 years and older during regular pharmacy hours with no appointment necessary.
Traditional flu vaccines, Fluzone Intradermal or FluMist are priced at $29.99. Fluzone HD is available for $59.99. The company noted that many customers will find that their commercial health plans or Medicare Part B will cover the cost.
Meanwhile, Boise, Idaho-based Albertsons LLC has announced a similar flu vaccination program for its pharmacy locations.