- Supervalu sells 877 stores, reuniting Albertsons under one operator
- Supervalu completes deal with AB Acquisition
- Albertsons appoints division presidents; Justin Dye to head pharmacy
- Pertussis vaccine offered at Albertsons/Sav-On pharmacies
- Dan Salemi to be named president of pharmacy at new Albertsons
NEW YORK — New Albertsons Inc. banners Shaw’s and Star Market, Acme and Jewel-Osco have announced the availability of flu shots at their pharmacies.
Specially trained pharmacists are available to administer the traditional flu vaccine, needle-free FluMist nasal spray and Fluzone Intradermal, as well as Fluzone HD for patients ages 65 years and older during regular pharmacy hours with no appointment necessary.
Traditional flu vaccines, Fluzone Intradermal or FluMist are priced at $29.99. Fluzone HD is available for $59.99. The company noted that many customers will find that their commercial health plans or Medicare Part B will cover the cost.
Meanwhile, Boise, Idaho-based Albertsons LLC has announced a similar flu vaccination program for its pharmacy locations.