- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — A lobbying organization for independent pharmacies has launched an ad campaign in The Hill, the Washington-based daily newspaper covering Congress.
The National Community Pharmacists Association ad lays out the group's legislative agenda for the 113th Congress and the Obama administration.
This includes calls to impose stronger regulations on pharmacy benefit managers, expand the range of healthcare services pharmacists can provide to alleviate the country's primary care physician shortage, ensure patients retain access to medications prepared by traditional compounding pharmacies and allow patients to choose the pharmacy of their choice under government health plans.
The group also plans to have its 45th annual NCPA Conference on National Legislation and Government Affairs in May.