- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — A lobbying organization for independent pharmacies has launched an ad campaign in The Hill, the Washington-based daily newspaper covering Congress.
The National Community Pharmacists Association ad lays out the group's legislative agenda for the 113th Congress and the Obama administration.
This includes calls to impose stronger regulations on pharmacy benefit managers, expand the range of healthcare services pharmacists can provide to alleviate the country's primary care physician shortage, ensure patients retain access to medications prepared by traditional compounding pharmacies and allow patients to choose the pharmacy of their choice under government health plans.
The group also plans to have its 45th annual NCPA Conference on National Legislation and Government Affairs in May.