- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Walgreens launches exclusive beauty publication 'Discover Beauty Within'
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Category management veteran Mike Cirilli joins L&R Distributors
Duane Reade, which now is owned by Walgreens, is redefining the chain drug beauty shopping experience for New Yorkers as it continues to roll out its Look Boutique as part of its transformation.
The upscale staffed beauty department services all aspects of beauty, including brows with a Ramy-branded brow bar that offers in-store brow-shaping services. Available beauty brands include Becca, POP Beauty, Purminerals, ’Tini Beauty Lounge and Vera Moore.
The Look Boutique also offers shoppers an inviting fragrance area that undoubtedly is a departure from the typical drug store fragrance department. The fragrance counter has a handful of the most popular fragrances tethered to an upscale-looking counter so beauty mavens can sample fragrances easily.