- Reports: Polar vortex drives blizzard of sales for some retailers
- Meijer offers free flu, strep tests and dispenses drugs at some Mich. stores as part of NACDS Foundation-supported study
- Meijer launches complimentary Wi-Fi service in its stores
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Meijer raises $1.2 million through Simply Give campaign
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — A Meijer executive has received recognition from a magazine for African-American professionals and business owners.
Meijer SVP human resources Karen Morris was named among the 25 influential African-American women in business in 2012 by The Network Journal. The magazine started recognizing influential African-American women in 1999.
"It's truly an honor to be recognized for doing something I thoroughly enjoy," Morris said. Morris has previously worked for Tyco International, Starwood Hotels and Resorts and General Mills.