- Crunchmaster expands retail distribution
- Changing Channels: Dry-All smart-phone drying kit, ThinkEco modlet, BodyFit Yoga mat and more
- New gluten-free soft pretzel from Kim & Scott's Gourmet Pretzels hits retail
- Banana Boat develops new multibenefit sunscreen lotions
- Reports: New grapefruit may cut drug interactions
CHICAGO — Near East has introduced a new line that combines quinoa and brown rice to promote the goodness of whole grains.
New quinoa blends, available in rosemary and olive oil and roasted red pepper and basil flavors, offer 7g to 8g of protein and 34g of whole grain per one cup serving, Near East said.
"Thanks to Americans' ever-evolving palate and search for wholesome and unique foods, quinoa is emerging from an unfamiliar grain to being sought after in stores," Near East senior marketing manager Tania Haladner said. "Near East Quinoa Blends deliver great meal options that bring something new to the table without adding to your time in the kitchen."
Near East's quinoa blends are available at Whole Foods and additional grocers nationwide this fall. Suggested retail price per box is $2.99.