- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
PHILADELPHIA The National Community Pharmacists Association issued its annual corporation recognition award to an insurance protection and financial services company on Tuesday.
Pharmacists Mutual Insurance of Algona, Iowa, was honored for its support and work on behalf of independent community pharmacies, the NCPA said. Pharmacists Mutual operates in 49 states and operates such subsidiaries as Pharmacists Mutual Insurance, Pharmacists Life Insurance and Pro Advantage, and d/b/a Pharmacists Insurance Agency.
PMC also has been one of the main sponsors for NCPA’s Ownership Workshop, the group's three-day continuing education programs offered to pharmacists considering pharmacy ownership or seeking additional management skills.
“NCPA and its members have a strong relationship with Pharmacists Mutual, a company that is certainly deserving of the 2010 NCPA Corporate Recognition Award,” said Joseph Harmison, NCPA president. “They are a constant supporter of NCPA in many ways. We have encouraged our members to consider Pharmacists Mutual's products, which cater to independent community pharmacies. In fact, this month, NCPA entered into an exclusive promotional agreement to market Pharmacists Mutual to our members, strengthening the bond we share.”
Under the said exclusivity agreement, the NCPA will inform its members about PMC insurance, investment products and services, including professional liability, personal and commercial property/casualty insurance, life and annuity products.