- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
- Walgreens is well-equipped for the future
- UnitedHealth: Cost of diabetes could be $3.35 trillion by 2020
- With health reform outlook dimmed, pharmacy can’t abandon its agenda
- Shift away from PBM could make room for more broad-service, integrated approach to health care
RONKONKOMA, N.Y. NBTY on Tuesday announced the recall of its Air Shield, Air Protector, Immune System Support and AirHealth Effervescent 10-tablet containers, and its Stick Packs 8-stick containers -- all private-label versions of Airborne -- because they may contain undeclared soy, according to a posting of the release on the Food and Drug Administration website.
The recall impacts a host of pharmacy retailers, including CVS, Safeway, Supervalu, Target, Walgreens and Walmart. The products all fall under NBTY’s Leiner Health Solutions umbrella.