- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Retail community responds with disaster relief supporting Midwest tornado victims
- Abbott launches Glucerna Advance RTD to provide nutritional benefits for those with diabetes
- Pharmagen launches Warfarin-friendly multivitamin
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
RONKONKOMA, N.Y. — NBTY, a manufacturer and distributor of vitamins, supplements and sports nutrition, announced last week that it will donate nearly $500,000 of Good 'n Natural bars, Balance Bars and bottles of children's gummy vitamins to support tornado relief efforts in Oklahoma.
NBTY's donation is being made through Oklahoma-based charity Feed The Children, an organization whose mission includes responding during times of disaster to provide emergency supplies for those in need. The NBTY-donated supplies will be used to provide convenient, healthy, on-the-go sustenance for relief workers, emergency responders and impacted families.
"We are so incredibly grateful for the generous donation from NBTY, which will positively help the children and families who've been affected by the recent tornadoes in Oklahoma," said Erin Engelke, Feed The Children vice president of communications/PR. "Feed The Children is on the ground supporting these families now, and NBTY's partnership with us ensures they will receive immediate relief as they begin the rebuilding process."
"Our hearts go out to the families and communities impacted by these devastating tornadoes," said Jeff Schneider, senior vice president of product management at NBTY. "Our wish is that our donation of nutritional bars and children's vitamins helps to make the next few weeks a little easier for the residents of Oklahoma who were impacted by this tragedy. We are glad to be in a position to help."
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.