- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Supervalu names Jerry Storch chairman, succeeds Robert Miller in that capacity
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
- Walmart, Kroger identified as leading retailers in providing opportunity to diversity business owners
- Walgreens gets top score among drug chains in Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
MIAMI Navarro Discount Pharmacies, which operates 28 stores in Miami, has bolstered its management team with three new executives who will focus on store expansions, remodelings, new business development and e-commerce.
New to Navarro are former Supervalu executive Kevin Shiplett, former principal of Cornerstone Consulting Services Paul DiBrito, and Emilio Yepez, a former executive with ARC Media Consultants.
Shiplett has been named SVP wholesale and business development. Shiplett's focus is to identify new business opportunities with local retailers to act as distributors for Navarro's signature products, such as cosmetics and appliances. Previously, Shiplett served as VP retail sales with the Park City Group and VP business development and national accounts for Supervalu.
DiBrito has been named director of real estate and construction. His goal will be to identify and expand new store locations, as well as remodel Navarro's 28 store locations, three of which have been remodeled in the last 12 months.
Yepez has been appointed director of e-commerce. One of his primary objectives is to develop an online platform for Navarro that offers consumers hard-to-find Hispanic items, over-the-counter health-and-wellness products and specialty items currently sold only at Navarro's brick-and-mortar stores. The online store will expand the retailer's product offering throughout the United States and foreign markets.