- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Geisinger Health System form partnership in major genetics initiative
- Crossmark names Janet Carter-Smith VP
- IMS Institute report: Half of all pharmaceutical manufacturers actively using social media
- Novartis names new head of sales U.S.
WASHINGTON — Boehringer Ingelheim SVP managed markets Jeff Huth has been elected by the National Pharmaceutical Council as chairman of the board for 2013-2014, the organization said Friday.
Huth has served as a member of the NPC's board since 2009 and has previously had the positions of vice chairman and treasurer. The NPC, founded in 1953, describes itself as a health policy research organization focused on the advancement of science and medical innovation.
"Throughout his tenure on our board, Jeff has been dedicated to promoting NPC and its role as a leading healthcare policy research organization," NPC president Dan Leonard said. "We're looking forward to having Jeff play an even more active role in leading NPC's efforts on issues related to balancing the needs of patients with the population, the value of pharmaceuticals and the use of real-world evidence."