- Sanofi: Nasacort first nasal corticosteroid available without a prescription
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
BRIDGEWATER, N.J. — Sanofi and its U.S. consumer healthcare division Chattem on Tuesday announced that Nasacort Allergy 24HR Nasal Spray is now available over the counter in the United States to relieve seasonal and year-round nasal allergy symptoms, including nasal congestion, in adults and children 2 years of age and older.
Nasacort Allergy 24HR is the first and only nasal corticosteroid to be available at full prescription strength without the need for a prescription. It works differently than other over-the-counter treatments to relieve the full range of nasal allergy symptoms, including nasal congestion, by stopping more of the chemical responses that cause those symptoms.
"Now that Nasacort Allergy 24HR is available over the counter, the millions of people who suffer from seasonal and year-round allergies have easier access to the gold standard treatment for nasal allergy symptoms," said Zan Guerry, Chattem CEO.
The launch will make Chattem an allergy powerhouse with an expected half billion or more in allergy product sales between its brands Allegra and now Nasacort.
Kline Healthcare's industry analyst Laura Mahecha projected Nasacort Allergy's annual sales potential to reach as high as $200 million.