- Pharmacy crime: Pushing back against rising wave
- Legislation introduced to restore OTCs as qualified FSA/HSA reimbursements
- Medication adherence could be blockbuster for specialty
- Rite Aid beats analysts' estimates; positive comps across the board
- Sam's Club pharmacies offer customers free Rx checkup
WELD COUNTY, Colo. — The National Association of Counties is offering residents of Weld County, Colo., free prescription discount cards that provide patients an average of 24% savings off the retail price of prescription medications.
The NACo prescription discount card program, which was founded in 2004, has expanded across the United States to include more than 1,400 counties. The cards are available for Weld County residents at the Weld County Department of Public Health and Environment, as well as online.
"Recognizing the difficulties many of our residents face when trying to pay for their healthcare needs, we are happy to be able to provide them with the prescription discount card," said Gaye Morrison, director of communication, education and planning for the Weld County Department of Public Health and Environment. "This card offers residents insured and uninsured significant savings on prescription medications."