- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — In line with NACDS RxImpact Day on Capitol Hill this week, the National Association of Chain Drug Stores will hold a press conference in support of S. 274, The Medication Therapy Management Empowerment Act of 2011.
The legislation, which was introduced by Sen. Kay Hagan, D-N.C., and cosponsored by Sens. Al Franken, D-Minn.; Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio; Tim Johnson, D-S.D.; and Ron Wyden, D-Ore., will be discussed Thursday at the Reserve Officers Association.
The conference will feature NACDS president and CEO Steve Anderson, who will discuss the importance of MTM, a professional service offered by pharmacists and other qualified health practitioners that helps ensure medications are taken appropriately, thus preventing higher costs and preventable forms of treatment.
The press conference is a component of the NACDS RxIMPACT Day on Capitol Hill, where more than 300 pharmacists, pharmacy students, executives and other pharmacy advocates will meet with lawmakers to advocate for pro-patient, pro-pharmacy policies.